- ABOUT US
- Rights of Springs
Exploring Principles of Earth Jurisprudence at St. Thomas University and Barry University Law Schools
- Lance Cornick, “Plant Genetic Resources: Restoring the Common Heritage of Humankind”
- Ryan Price, “Habitat Status: Endangered-Reconsidering ‘Critical Habitat’ and the ‘Unoccupied Areas’ Provision of the Endangered Species Act”
- Sherlyn Bartee, “In RE: Tri State Water Rights Litigation-Guardian Ad Litem Brief for the Nonhuman Interests”
- Julie Perry, “Planning with Room to Grow: Community Gardens as Part of the Urban Landscape”
- Liz Parker, “Investing in or Wreaking Further Destruction upon Nature? Valuation of Ecosystem Services from an Earth Jurisprudence Perspective”
- Clayton Boyette, “Preserve Florida’s Groundwater with Earth Jurisprudence”
- Christopher Brown, “Can We Co Exist: The Dilemma of the Gray Wolf”
- Covington Campbell, “Effecting a Sea Change: Changing Tack to Heal the Wounds of African Piracy”
- Karen Greene, “The Wekiva: Recognizing the Rights of a River”
- Meredith Hall, “Applying Earth Jurisprudence to Bring Harmony to the Great Lakes”
- Elizabeth Parker, “Detoxifying the Food We Eat: Accountability Using the Precautionary Principle”
- Sarah Schwemin, “What if We Could Sue the Hurricanes? The Necessity of Recognizing the Rights of Natural Entities”
Below, please find class papers from the inaugural two-credit seminar on Earth Jurisprudence offered at Barry University School of Law in the spring semester of 2007. These students are true explorers of new frontiers.
Florida’s Water and Land LegacyCongratulations to all who worked so diligently and passionately to collect the signatures required to place dedicated funding for conservation land acquisition on the ballot in 2014. More than 960,000 voters signed in support of this measure! Learn more about this initiative at Florida's Water and Land Legacy.org.
CEJ Events & PresentationsSr. Pat Siemen: Healing the Earth by Restoring Rights
February 21-22, 2014
Healing Our World & Ourselves
Second Annual Conference: Coming Together
UU Fellowship of Vero Beach
Vero Beach, FL
Learn how the Rights of Nature movement could allow Earth and all beings to flourish.
For a flyer, click here. For information and to register, visit HealingOurWorldAndOurselves.org or call (772) 486-4029.
Other EventsWe Want Clean Water Rally
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
11:30 to 1:30 p.m.
On the Steps of the Old Capitol
Let your voice be heard! Rally in Tally for a new water ethic, solutions to Florida’s water quality and quantity problems, and a clear message to our water managers that the people of Florida demand clean water.
Read more details at WeWantCleanWater.com.
Learning to See Naturally ~ Nature Journaling WorkshopsVisit our nature journaling blog, Learning to See Naturally, for poems, photos, stories and other nature-inspired creative works from our workshop participants.
- Agricultural Subsidies Remain a Staple in the Industrial World March 11, 2014New Worldwatch Institute study examines the growth and impact of global agricultural subsidies Washington, D.C.—In 2012, the most recent year with data, agricultural subsidies totaled an estimated $486 billion in the top 21 food-producing countries in the world. These countries—the members of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) […]Supriya Kumar
- Agricultural Subsidies Remain a Staple in the Industrial World March 11, 2014