- ABOUT US
- Rights of Springs
Groundswell – the CEJ newsletter
Monographs and Articles – writings about Earth Jurisprudence and CEJ
Earth Jurisprudence Student Series – law student papers applying Earth Jurisprudence principles
Voices of Earth Jurisprudence – teaching monograph on Earth Jurisprudence concepts
In the Media – articles by CEJ staff
Law Review Articles
Barry Law Review, issue dedicated to Earth jurisprudence: Fall, 2008. Subscriptions are $13.00 per issue ($26.00 annually) and are renewed automatically unless a cancellation request is received by the Editor-in-Chief at the editorial offices of the Barry Law Review, Barry University School of Law, 6441 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, Florida 32807-3673. Back issues are available from William S. Hein & Co. Inc.: email@example.com; (800) 828-7571 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (800) 828-7571 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
- Sister Patricia Siemen, “Earth Jurisprudence: Toward Law in Nature’s Balance,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 1
- Cormac Cullinan, “Do Humans Have Standing to Deny Trees Rights?” 11 Barry L. Rev. 11
- Joseph H. Guth, “Cumulative Impacts: Death-Knell for Cost-Benefit Analysis in Environmental Decisions,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 23
- Donald M. Goldberg and Tracy Badua, “Do People Have Standing? Indigenous Peoples, Global Warming, and Human Rights,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 59
- Barbara E. Wall, Ph.D. “Ethical Considerations for a New Jurisprudence: A Catholic Social Thought Perspective,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 77
- Sarah Schwemin, “What if We Could Sue the Hurricanes? The Necessity of Recognizing the Rights of Natural Entities,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 95
- Glen Peter Ahlers, Sr., “Earth Jurisprudence: A Pathfinder,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 121
Sr. Pat Siemen on Rights of Nature at TEDxJacksonville 2013View video full screen on YouTube.
Amendment 1 – Florida’s Water and Land LegacyCongratulations to all who worked so hard in support of Amendment 1 on the November 2014 ballot, which passed with 75% of votes in favor. The measure will dedicate about $1 billion annually for conservation purposes.
CEJ Events & PresentationsThe Myth & Magic of Florida Springs
featuring Margaret Ross Tolbert and Rick Kilby
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
A Rights of Nature Approach for Springs Protection
Jane Goddard and Rob Williams
Thursday, January 29, 2015
Santa Fe River Springs Protection Forum
Otter Springs, Trenton, FL
Building an Earth Democracy: Protecting the Rights of Mother Earth & Humanity
February 2-6, 2015
Doon Valley, Dehradun, India
Join Dr. Vandana Shiva, PhD, Dr. Mira Shiva, MD, and Sister Patricia Siemen, OP, JD for a residential workshop at Navdanya's Earth University to examine the Rights of Mother Earth, and the customs and laws that protect all inhabitants' rights of exist, regenerate, and thrive.
Contact: Dr. Vinod Bhatt - vinod (at) navdanya.net or Patricia Siemen - psiemen (at) barry.edu
Discover more at Navdanya.org.
Spring Field Trip
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Other EventsSave the Date!
Public Interest Environmental Conference
February 12-14, 2015
Details coming soon!
Save the Date!
Environmental and Earth Law Summit
April 9, 2015
Barry University School of Law
Details coming soon!
Learning to See Naturally ~ Nature Journaling WorkshopsVisit our nature journaling blog, Learning to See Naturally, for poems, photos, stories and other nature-inspired creative works from our workshop participants.
Tag Cloudadvocacy belonging climate change climate justice community culture earth Earth jurisprudence ecological justice Ecology ethic events Florida future generations history Lagoons & Estuaries Pat's Blog publications public trust resiliency Rights of Nature Rob Williams springs sustainability team water Wild Law words
- Global Energy and Carbon Intensity Continue to Decline December 17, 2014New Worldwatch Institute analysis examines trends in energy and carbon emissions globallyFor Immediate Release | December 17, 2014 | CONTACT GAELLE GOURMELONNotes to Editors: Journalists may obtain a complimentary copy of "Global Energy and Carbon Intensity Continue to Decline" by contacting Gaelle Gourmelon at firstname.lastname@example.org. About […]Gaelle Gourmelon
- Global Energy and Carbon Intensity Continue to Decline December 17, 2014