- ABOUT US
- Rights of Springs
Groundswell – the CEJ newsletter
Monographs and Articles – writings about Earth Jurisprudence and CEJ
Earth Jurisprudence Student Series – law student papers applying Earth Jurisprudence principles
Voices of Earth Jurisprudence – teaching monograph on Earth Jurisprudence concepts
In the Media – articles by CEJ staff
Law Review Articles
Barry Law Review, issue dedicated to Earth jurisprudence: Fall, 2008. Subscriptions are $13.00 per issue ($26.00 annually) and are renewed automatically unless a cancellation request is received by the Editor-in-Chief at the editorial offices of the Barry Law Review, Barry University School of Law, 6441 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, Florida 32807-3673. Back issues are available from William S. Hein & Co. Inc.: email@example.com; (800) 828-7571 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (800) 828-7571 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
- Sister Patricia Siemen, “Earth Jurisprudence: Toward Law in Nature’s Balance,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 1
- Cormac Cullinan, “Do Humans Have Standing to Deny Trees Rights?” 11 Barry L. Rev. 11
- Joseph H. Guth, “Cumulative Impacts: Death-Knell for Cost-Benefit Analysis in Environmental Decisions,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 23
- Donald M. Goldberg and Tracy Badua, “Do People Have Standing? Indigenous Peoples, Global Warming, and Human Rights,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 59
- Barbara E. Wall, Ph.D. “Ethical Considerations for a New Jurisprudence: A Catholic Social Thought Perspective,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 77
- Sarah Schwemin, “What if We Could Sue the Hurricanes? The Necessity of Recognizing the Rights of Natural Entities,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 95
- Glen Peter Ahlers, Sr., “Earth Jurisprudence: A Pathfinder,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 121
Sr. Pat Siemen on Rights of Nature at TEDxJacksonville 2013View video full screen on YouTube.
Florida’s Water and Land LegacyCongratulations to all who worked so diligently and passionately to collect the signatures required to place dedicated funding for conservation land acquisition on the ballot in 2014. More than 960,000 voters signed in support of this measure! Learn more about this initiative at Florida's Water and Land Legacy.org.
CEJ Events & PresentationsMore coming soon!
Other EventsSacred Springs: A Free Public Information Forum About Florida's Imperiled Treasures
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
5 p.m. - Meet the Presenters
6 p.m. - Program
Centerpoint Church ~ Ocala, FL
Learn about the increasing pollution levels in groundwater wells in Marion County and what you can do about it at this free public forum featuring some of Florida's leading clean water advocates, hosted by the Silver Springs Alliance.
Contact: (727) 859-2736.
Discover more at SilverSpringsAlliance.org.
Up the River Downtown
Saturday, August 23, 2014
A 10K open water swim, kayak flotilla, and bicycle ride focused on the St. Johns River, hosted by JumpingFish.
Contact: Info (at) JumpingFish.net
or (904) 673-4549.
Learn more at JumpingFish.net.
Springs Field School
August 11-13, 2014
10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Wekiwa Springs State Park Youth Camp
The Florida Springs Institute hosts three days of talks and ﬁeld trips highlighting how springs are a product of their environmental surroundings and how they respond to management decisions.
Contact: HCulp (at) FloridaSpringsInstitute.org.
More info available at FloridaSpringsInstitute.org.
Learning to See Naturally ~ Nature Journaling WorkshopsVisit our nature journaling blog, Learning to See Naturally, for poems, photos, stories and other nature-inspired creative works from our workshop participants.
Tag Cloudadvocacy belonging climate change climate justice community culture earth Earth jurisprudence ecological justice Ecology ethic events Florida future generations history Lagoons & Estuaries Pat's Blog publications public trust resiliency Rights of Nature Rob Williams springs sustainability team water Wild Law words
- Solar Power Installations Jump to a New Annual Record July 29, 2014New analysis by the Worldwatch Institute examines global trends in the solar power sectorWashington, D.C.—The year 2013 saw record-breaking growth for solar electricity generation as the photovoltaic (PV) and concentrated solar thermal power (CSP) markets continued to grow. With over 39 gigawatts installed worldwide, the PV solar market represented one third […]Gaelle Gourmelon
- Solar Power Installations Jump to a New Annual Record July 29, 2014