- ABOUT US
- Rights of Springs
Groundswell – the CEJ newsletter
Monographs and Articles – writings about Earth Jurisprudence and CEJ
Earth Jurisprudence Student Series – law student papers applying Earth Jurisprudence principles
Voices of Earth Jurisprudence – teaching monograph on Earth Jurisprudence concepts
In the Media – articles by CEJ staff
Law Review Articles
Barry Law Review, issue dedicated to Earth jurisprudence: Fall, 2008. Subscriptions are $13.00 per issue ($26.00 annually) and are renewed automatically unless a cancellation request is received by the Editor-in-Chief at the editorial offices of the Barry Law Review, Barry University School of Law, 6441 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, Florida 32807-3673. Back issues are available from William S. Hein & Co. Inc.: firstname.lastname@example.org; (800) 828-7571 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (800) 828-7571 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
- Sister Patricia Siemen, “Earth Jurisprudence: Toward Law in Nature’s Balance,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 1
- Cormac Cullinan, “Do Humans Have Standing to Deny Trees Rights?” 11 Barry L. Rev. 11
- Joseph H. Guth, “Cumulative Impacts: Death-Knell for Cost-Benefit Analysis in Environmental Decisions,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 23
- Donald M. Goldberg and Tracy Badua, “Do People Have Standing? Indigenous Peoples, Global Warming, and Human Rights,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 59
- Barbara E. Wall, Ph.D. “Ethical Considerations for a New Jurisprudence: A Catholic Social Thought Perspective,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 77
- Sarah Schwemin, “What if We Could Sue the Hurricanes? The Necessity of Recognizing the Rights of Natural Entities,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 95
- Glen Peter Ahlers, Sr., “Earth Jurisprudence: A Pathfinder,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 121
Sr. Pat Siemen on Rights of Nature at TEDxJacksonville 2013View video full screen on YouTube.
Florida’s Water and Land LegacyCongratulations to all who are working diligently and passionately in support of Amendment 1 on the November 2014 ballot. More than 960,000 voters signed petitions to place The Florida Water and Land Conservation Amendment on the ballot. Learn more about Amendment 1 at VoteYeson1FL.org.
CEJ Events & Presentations
Save the Dates!
Fall Field Trip
Saturday, September 27, 2014
The Myth & Magic of Florida Springs
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Spring Field Trip
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Building an Earth Democracy: Protecting the Rights of Mother Earth & Humanity
February 2-6, 2015
Doon Valley, Dehradun, India
Join Dr. Vandana Shiva, PhD, Dr. Mira Shiva, MD, and Sister Patricia Siemen, OP, JD for a residential workshop at Navdanya's Earth University to examine the Rights of Mother Earth, and the customs and laws that protect all inhabitants' rights of exist, regenerate, and thrive.
Contact: Dr. Vinod Bhatt - vinod (at) navdanya.net or Patricia Siemen - psiemen (at) barry.edu
Discover more at Navdanya.org.
Other EventsUp the River Downtown
Saturday, August 23, 2014
A 10K open water swim, kayak flotilla, and bicycle ride focused on the St. Johns River, hosted by JumpingFish.
Contact: Info (at) JumpingFish.net
or (904) 673-4549
Learn more at JumpingFish.net.
Choosing our Legacy: Understanding Amendment 1
Thursday, August 28, 2014
6 p.m. - Music by The Ashley Gang
6:30 p.m. - Program
Gleason Performing Arts Center - FIT
Learn how Amendment 1 can protect rivers, lakes and streams, restore natural treasure, and preserve our beaches and shores. Speakers include former U.S. Senator and Florida Governor Bob Graham, environmental attorney Clay Henderson, and local business owner and 5th generation Floridian Laurilee Thompson. Hosted by Preserve Brevard.
Discover more and register for this FREE event at Choosing our Legacy.
3rd Annual Adena Protest Flotilla & Benefit
Saturday, September 13, 2014
Ocala Boat Club at Ray Wayside Park
Silver Springs, FL
The Water Protection Fund hosts a downstream paddle/float from Silver Springs to the park for an afternoon of live music, games, food and solidarity. Flotilla launches at 1 p.m. from Silver Springs State Park.
Contact: ahlers.karen (at) gmail.com
or (352) 546-3560
More info available at Water-First.org.
Learning to See Naturally ~ Nature Journaling WorkshopsVisit our nature journaling blog, Learning to See Naturally, for poems, photos, stories and other nature-inspired creative works from our workshop participants.
Tag Cloudadvocacy belonging climate change climate justice community culture earth Earth jurisprudence ecological justice Ecology ethic events Florida future generations history Lagoons & Estuaries Pat's Blog publications public trust resiliency Rights of Nature Rob Williams springs sustainability team water Wild Law words
- Does Ecoliteracy Prevent Environmental Action? August 12, 2014Why environmental education isn’t enough to create change and improve governanceCONTACT GAELLE GOURMELON | For Release: August 12, 2014 Read On!State of the World 2014:Governing for Sustainability Washington, D.C.—The existing ecological literacy, or “ecoliteracy,” model of simply addressing the knowledge deficit, rather than addressing the real i […]Gaelle Gourmelon
- Does Ecoliteracy Prevent Environmental Action? August 12, 2014