- ABOUT US
- Rights of Springs
Groundswell – the CEJ newsletter
Monographs and Articles – writings about Earth Jurisprudence and CEJ
Earth Jurisprudence Student Series – law student papers applying Earth Jurisprudence principles
Voices of Earth Jurisprudence – teaching monograph on Earth Jurisprudence concepts
In the Media – articles by CEJ staff
Law Review Articles
Barry Law Review, issue dedicated to Earth jurisprudence: Fall, 2008. Subscriptions are $13.00 per issue ($26.00 annually) and are renewed automatically unless a cancellation request is received by the Editor-in-Chief at the editorial offices of the Barry Law Review, Barry University School of Law, 6441 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, Florida 32807-3673. Back issues are available from William S. Hein & Co. Inc.: email@example.com; (800) 828-7571 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (800) 828-7571 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
- Sister Patricia Siemen, “Earth Jurisprudence: Toward Law in Nature’s Balance,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 1
- Cormac Cullinan, “Do Humans Have Standing to Deny Trees Rights?” 11 Barry L. Rev. 11
- Joseph H. Guth, “Cumulative Impacts: Death-Knell for Cost-Benefit Analysis in Environmental Decisions,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 23
- Donald M. Goldberg and Tracy Badua, “Do People Have Standing? Indigenous Peoples, Global Warming, and Human Rights,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 59
- Barbara E. Wall, Ph.D. “Ethical Considerations for a New Jurisprudence: A Catholic Social Thought Perspective,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 77
- Sarah Schwemin, “What if We Could Sue the Hurricanes? The Necessity of Recognizing the Rights of Natural Entities,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 95
- Glen Peter Ahlers, Sr., “Earth Jurisprudence: A Pathfinder,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 121
Sr. Pat Siemen on Rights of Nature at TEDxJacksonville 2013View video full screen on YouTube.
Florida’s Water and Land LegacyCongratulations to all who are working diligently and passionately in support of Amendment 1 on the November 2014 ballot. More than 960,000 voters signed petitions to place The Florida Water and Land Conservation Amendment on the ballot. Learn more about Amendment 1 at VoteYeson1FL.org.
CEJ Events & PresentationsHidden Springs Paddle
Saturday, October 4, 2014
(note new date)
Spend a morning kayaking on the Wekiva River with award-winning nature writer Bill Belleville and experience the waters and wildlife of one of Central Florida's treasures. RSVP required. Contact jmarsden (at) barry.edu for more information.
The Myth & Magic of Florida Springs
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Spring Field Trip
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Building an Earth Democracy: Protecting the Rights of Mother Earth & Humanity
February 2-6, 2015
Doon Valley, Dehradun, India
Join Dr. Vandana Shiva, PhD, Dr. Mira Shiva, MD, and Sister Patricia Siemen, OP, JD for a residential workshop at Navdanya's Earth University to examine the Rights of Mother Earth, and the customs and laws that protect all inhabitants' rights of exist, regenerate, and thrive.
Contact: Dr. Vinod Bhatt - vinod (at) navdanya.net or Patricia Siemen - psiemen (at) barry.edu
Discover more at Navdanya.org.
Other EventsMarjorie Harris Carr: Defender of Florida's Environment
Thursday, September 16, 2014
Preserve Brevard and Friends of the Carr Refuge present author Peggy Macdonald and her brand new biography of pioneering environmentalist Marjorie Harris Carr. Find out more and register for this FREE event at MarjorieCarr.EventBrite.
Save the Date!
Public Interest Environmental Conference
February 12-14, 2015
Details coming soon!
Learning to See Naturally ~ Nature Journaling WorkshopsVisit our nature journaling blog, Learning to See Naturally, for poems, photos, stories and other nature-inspired creative works from our workshop participants.
Tag Cloudadvocacy belonging climate change climate justice community culture earth Earth jurisprudence ecological justice Ecology ethic events Florida future generations history Lagoons & Estuaries Pat's Blog publications public trust resiliency Rights of Nature Rob Williams springs sustainability team water Wild Law words
- Wind, Solar Generation Capacity Catching Up with Nuclear Power September 25, 2014New Worldwatch Institute analysis examines global trends in renewable and nuclear powerFor Immediate Release | September 30, 2014 | CONTACT GAELLE GOURMELONNotes to Editors: Journalists may obtain a complimentary copy of "Wind, Solar Generation Capacity Catching Up with Nuclear Power" by contacting Gaelle Gourmelon at firstname.lastname@example.org […]Gaelle Gourmelon
- Wind, Solar Generation Capacity Catching Up with Nuclear Power September 25, 2014