- ABOUT US
- Rights of Springs
Groundswell – the CEJ newsletter
Monographs and Articles – writings about Earth Jurisprudence and CEJ
Earth Jurisprudence Student Series – law student papers applying Earth Jurisprudence principles
Voices of Earth Jurisprudence – teaching monograph on Earth Jurisprudence concepts
In the Media – articles by CEJ staff
Law Review Articles
Barry Law Review, issue dedicated to Earth jurisprudence: Fall, 2008. Subscriptions are $13.00 per issue ($26.00 annually) and are renewed automatically unless a cancellation request is received by the Editor-in-Chief at the editorial offices of the Barry Law Review, Barry University School of Law, 6441 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, Florida 32807-3673. Back issues are available from William S. Hein & Co. Inc.: email@example.com; (800) 828-7571 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (800) 828-7571 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
- Sister Patricia Siemen, “Earth Jurisprudence: Toward Law in Nature’s Balance,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 1
- Cormac Cullinan, “Do Humans Have Standing to Deny Trees Rights?” 11 Barry L. Rev. 11
- Joseph H. Guth, “Cumulative Impacts: Death-Knell for Cost-Benefit Analysis in Environmental Decisions,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 23
- Donald M. Goldberg and Tracy Badua, “Do People Have Standing? Indigenous Peoples, Global Warming, and Human Rights,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 59
- Barbara E. Wall, Ph.D. “Ethical Considerations for a New Jurisprudence: A Catholic Social Thought Perspective,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 77
- Sarah Schwemin, “What if We Could Sue the Hurricanes? The Necessity of Recognizing the Rights of Natural Entities,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 95
- Glen Peter Ahlers, Sr., “Earth Jurisprudence: A Pathfinder,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 121
Florida’s Water and Land LegacyCongratulations to all who worked so diligently and passionately to collect the signatures required to place dedicated funding for conservation land acquisition on the ballot in 2014. More than 960,000 voters signed in support of this measure! Learn more about this initiative at Florida's Water and Land Legacy.org.
CEJ Events & PresentationsSr. Pat Siemen: Healing the Earth by Restoring Rights
February 21-22, 2014
Healing Our World & Ourselves
Second Annual Conference: Coming Together
UU Fellowship of Vero Beach
Vero Beach, FL
Learn how the Rights of Nature movement could allow Earth and all beings to flourish.
For a flyer, click here. For information and to register, visit HealingOurWorldAndOurselves.org or call (772) 486-4029.
Other EventsWe Want Clean Water Rally
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
11:30 to 1:30 p.m.
On the Steps of the Old Capitol
Let your voice be heard! Rally in Tally for a new water ethic, solutions to Florida’s water quality and quantity problems, and a clear message to our water managers that the people of Florida demand clean water.
Read more details at WeWantCleanWater.com.
Learning to See Naturally ~ Nature Journaling WorkshopsVisit our nature journaling blog, Learning to See Naturally, for poems, photos, stories and other nature-inspired creative works from our workshop participants.
- Engelman to Step Down as Worldwatch Institute President February 27, 2014Will Continue at Worldwatch as Senior Fellow; Board Chair Ed Groark Will Be Acting President Washington, D.C.—Worldwatch Institute President Robert Engelman has announced his decision to step down as head of the pioneering environmental research organization. Engelman will become a Senior Fellow at Worldwatch and return to the environmental and population re […]Supriya Kumar
- Engelman to Step Down as Worldwatch Institute President February 27, 2014