- ABOUT US
- Rights of Springs
Groundswell – the CEJ newsletter
Monographs and Articles – writings about Earth Jurisprudence and CEJ
Earth Jurisprudence Student Series – law student papers applying Earth Jurisprudence principles
Voices of Earth Jurisprudence – teaching monograph on Earth Jurisprudence concepts
In the Media – articles by CEJ staff
Law Review Articles
Barry Law Review, issue dedicated to Earth jurisprudence: Fall, 2008. Subscriptions are $13.00 per issue ($26.00 annually) and are renewed automatically unless a cancellation request is received by the Editor-in-Chief at the editorial offices of the Barry Law Review, Barry University School of Law, 6441 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, Florida 32807-3673. Back issues are available from William S. Hein & Co. Inc.: firstname.lastname@example.org; (800) 828-7571 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (800) 828-7571 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
- Sister Patricia Siemen, “Earth Jurisprudence: Toward Law in Nature’s Balance,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 1
- Cormac Cullinan, “Do Humans Have Standing to Deny Trees Rights?” 11 Barry L. Rev. 11
- Joseph H. Guth, “Cumulative Impacts: Death-Knell for Cost-Benefit Analysis in Environmental Decisions,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 23
- Donald M. Goldberg and Tracy Badua, “Do People Have Standing? Indigenous Peoples, Global Warming, and Human Rights,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 59
- Barbara E. Wall, Ph.D. “Ethical Considerations for a New Jurisprudence: A Catholic Social Thought Perspective,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 77
- Sarah Schwemin, “What if We Could Sue the Hurricanes? The Necessity of Recognizing the Rights of Natural Entities,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 95
- Glen Peter Ahlers, Sr., “Earth Jurisprudence: A Pathfinder,” 11 Barry L. Rev. 121
Sr. Pat Siemen on Rights of Nature at TEDxJacksonville 2013View video full screen on YouTube.
Florida’s Water and Land LegacyCongratulations to all who are working diligently and passionately in support of Amendment 1 on the November 2014 ballot. More than 960,000 voters signed petitions to place The Florida Water and Land Conservation Amendment on the ballot. Learn more about Amendment 1 at VoteYeson1FL.org.
CEJ Events & PresentationsReflecting Florida: How Agriculture, Art & Activism Shape Our State
Sunday, October 19, 2014
11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
East End Market
Join Florida’s most dynamic authors for a day celebrating the people, food and culture that make our state unique. Explorers, photographers, writers, poets, historians, naturalists, and chefs combine for a day focused on Florida. FREE panel discussions, author presentations, and book signings will culminate in a 5 p.m. happy hour (cash bar) and a 6 p.m. reception featuring local foods and noted author Bill Belleville (ticketed fundraiser for Amendment 1. More information available at Reflecting Florida.
The Myth & Magic of Florida Springs
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Spring Field Trip
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Building an Earth Democracy: Protecting the Rights of Mother Earth & Humanity
February 2-6, 2015
Doon Valley, Dehradun, India
Join Dr. Vandana Shiva, PhD, Dr. Mira Shiva, MD, and Sister Patricia Siemen, OP, JD for a residential workshop at Navdanya's Earth University to examine the Rights of Mother Earth, and the customs and laws that protect all inhabitants' rights of exist, regenerate, and thrive.
Contact: Dr. Vinod Bhatt - vinod (at) navdanya.net or Patricia Siemen - psiemen (at) barry.edu
Discover more at Navdanya.org.
Other EventsSave the Date!
Public Interest Environmental Conference
February 12-14, 2015
Details coming soon!
Learning to See Naturally ~ Nature Journaling WorkshopsVisit our nature journaling blog, Learning to See Naturally, for poems, photos, stories and other nature-inspired creative works from our workshop participants.
Tag Cloudadvocacy belonging climate change climate justice community culture earth Earth jurisprudence ecological justice Ecology ethic events Florida future generations history Lagoons & Estuaries Pat's Blog publications public trust resiliency Rights of Nature Rob Williams springs sustainability team water Wild Law words
- Global Economy Inches Upward as Environmental and Social Concerns Mount October 22, 2014New Worldwatch Institute analysis examines global economic trends and associated challengesFor Immediate Release | October 23, 2014 | CONTACT GAELLE GOURMELONNotes to Editors: Journalists may obtain a complimentary copy of "Global Economy Inches Upward as Environmental and Social Concerns Mount" by contacting Gaelle Gourmelon at ggourmelon@wor […]Gaelle Gourmelon
- Global Economy Inches Upward as Environmental and Social Concerns Mount October 22, 2014